Finding a Compassionate Memory Care Community in Troy, MI
Belmar Oakland, located in Troy, MI, is a compassionate and skilled facility that offers personalized memory care services to seniors throughout the area. A key feature of Belmar Oakland’s memory care community is its personalized care that is tailored to each resident’s needs. As each individual’s needs change over time, they can count on services that change with them, providing optimal physical and cognitive care at every stage of life.
Let’s take a look at the definition of memory care and then discover how Belmar Oakland offers innovative services for seniors in Troy and surrounding areas.
What Is Memory Care?
Memory care, also called Alzheimer’s care or dementia care, is a specialized type of long-term care designed for those struggling with memory issues. While traditional assisted living facilities and long-term care facilities provide a place for seniors to age gracefully, to interact with peers, and to engage in everything from music therapy to arts and crafts to outdoor activities, memory care facilities in Troy provide those benefits coupled with intensive, specialized care for those with cognitive impairments.
Helping Your Loved One Live with Dignity
How does a memory care community in Troy, MI, differ from other forms of senior care? It’s focused on helping your loved one live a life filled with dignity and happiness while reducing stress. That’s achieved through creating a safe, structured environment and providing set routines.
While employees at a dementia care facility will provide patients with personal care and grooming, provide them meals, and interact with them just like they would in a traditional senior care setting, they are usually specially trained to deal with the unique aspects of working with those who struggle with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s disease.
Employees provide compassionate dementia care by:
- Checking in on residents more frequently than in a traditional assisted living facility
- Providing extra support to help patients navigate the routines in their day
- Offering extra structure in patients’ days to create habits and routines that reduce anxiety and stress
- Making sure that residents join in on activities
Of course, not all facilities offering memory care in Troy, MI, are cut from the same cloth. If your loved one is struggling with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s, you understand how critical it is that they receive compassionate care from specialized staff in a comfortable environment dedicated to their needs. How do you choose the right facility?
Choosing the Right Dementia Care Facility in Troy
When choosing between facilities offering dementia care, the golden rule should be your loved one’s comfort, dignity, and quality of life. However, many factors play into that, and you will want to consider the following when comparing your options:
- Layout: Is the facility laid out in an easy-to-navigate manner that ensures residents can easily find their way around? Circular hallways, clearly labeled doors and rooms, and enclosed outdoor areas are all important.
- Physical Environment: Is the facility clean, well-maintained, and modern? Are the residents’ rooms spacious and well-designed?
- Staff: Are the staff members specially trained to work with memory care patients? Is there a nurse on staff at all times? Are residents’ needs met quickly and compassionately?
- Activities: What activities does the facility offer? How will they keep your loved one engaged? Do they offer live entertainment or space where the family can visit comfortably?
- Meals: What’s the standard of the food? How do staff members ensure that residents eat regularly?
A Ray of Hope and Caring
As you can see, finding the right Alzheimer’s care facility in Troy, MI, can be challenging. At Belmar Oakland, we offer personalized care with a focus on dignity and quality of life for residents dealing with memory loss or struggling with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. From chef-created meals to our compassionate staff, a long list of activities, entertainment, and pet-friendly policies, we put your loved one first. Contact us today to schedule a tour of our facility.